How to reveal hidden files and folders
- IMPORTANT! You can make hidden files and folders to become hidden again by following the exact same instructions!
in Windows 7
- Begin by going to your Desktop.
- Now you’ll need to open the Start menu. You can do this by clicking on your Windows start button – the button in the left corner of your screen with the Windows logo on it.
- Navigate to the Control Panel option (should be in the right-most column) and click on it.
- Now look for the the Appearance and Personalization link, click on it.
- Look for the Hidden files and folders, fill the check box named Show hidden files, folders, or drives.
- Use Apply, then OK and you are done.
in Windows 8
- Look at the Windows 8 Start Screen and select the Control Panel app.
- Now go to the More Settings option.
- The more traditional Control Panel window will appear, click on the Appearance and Personalization link.
- You’ll need to find the Hidden files and folders section and fill the check box next to Show hidden files, folders, or drives.
- Apply, then OK. Done.
in Windows 10
- Open the file explorer (Win button + E button) and open any folder on your computer.
- In the upper-left side of the screen you’ll notice the File, Home, Share and View tabs. You need the View tab, click on it.
- To the right you’ll notice a checkbox labeled Hidden items. Click on it so that it is marked. Done!