In this article we are going to try and help you remove .aesir Ranosmware. Our instructions cover all Windows versions.
We are sorry to tell you this, but if you have found out that your computer has been infected with .aesir and this is the reason why you are now reading our article, you are in serious trouble. .aesir is a program identified as Ransomware. Generally, Ransomware is considered to be the most terrible type of malware that has ever existed. The reason why .aesir and Ransomware are thought to be among the most annoying and dangerous malicious threats is that they are indeed capable of performing dishonest activities. We are now going to elaborate on the way this type of viruses actually works.
How does .aesir perform its malicious activities?
Basically, what it does is get incorporated into your PC without your consent, knowledge or approval. For that purpose, it often uses a Trojan Horse virus. The Trojan is responsible for sneaking the Ransomware in by exploiting any vulnerability (of an installed program or the OS as a whole) of your system. After the Trojan has successfully helped .aesir to enter your computer, they separate and venture into implementing their own actions on their own. What .aesir typically does first is to gather some information about the files you most often visit or use. This information may include directories and addresses of those files and is later put in a list. After compiling this list, the Ransomware continues with locking up all the data from there. For the encryption process a two-segment key is used. The first part of the encryption key you may receive as soon as the locking up process has finished. However, for the second segment of the key you are required to pay an amount of money, which may range from $7 to $700 and beyond, as ransom. From these activities comes the name of all such software – Ransomware.
Usually you realize your PC has been contaminated and your files – locked up, only after it has become too late. A ransom notification normally appears on your monitor once the encoding is done, and it serves to inform you about the infection, the demanded ransom and the methods you are supposed to use if you decide to pay. Such notifications may even include payment deadlines or even further threats regarding your system.
So, just paying the ransom will give me back my encrypted files?
We wish it were so simple. In fact, nothing can guarantee the restoration of your blocked data: neither paying off the requested money, nor the removal of the virus. Whatever you decide to do will be a risk. You may pay and the hackers may never recover your data. You might not pay and may remove the virus yourself and again – end up without having access to your files. When it comes to Ransomware, we would like to repeat that one more time – you shouldn’t trust that the people, who are ruthlessly blackmailing you, will grant you back the access to your files.
What to avoid in order to stay away from .aesir?
In order to avoid any threat, you should first make sure that you are aware of the places it’s lurking in. When we talk about .aesir, you can catch it practically everywhere online. You may get acquainted with it while you are browsing some shady websites; you may get infected when you install a software bundle; you may even catch it from a text document. Nonetheless, there is one place you should always be very careful with. This is your email, no matter whether we are talking about your Inbox or Spam folder. Stay away from any letters from senders that you don’t recognize. Never download any attachments to a letter from an unknown source. Also, make sure that you solve your issue with the Trojan horse that often comes with .aesir. Never forget that once inside your PC, it could be used for plenty of dishonest practices. You might get spied on or your identity could be stolen. The best way to get prevented against all kinds of cyber threats is to simply purchase the best anti-virus program you can find. A top-quality product will block malware and infected webpages and will spare you a lot of time and energy later.
.aesir Virus File Removal
Enter Windows Safe mode.
- Win 7 Users: Restart your PC –> keep on clicking F8 –> In the subsequent Menu select Safe Mode with Networking.
- Win 8 Users: Start Button –> Control Panel –> System and Security –> Administrative Tools –> System Configuration –> In the subsequent Menu select Safe Boot –>
- Win 10 users: Start Menu –> Power Options Menu –> Hold down the SHIFT button while clicking on Restart –> Troubleshoot –> Advanced Options –> Startup Settings –> Restart –> In the subsequent Menu select Safe Mode with Networking.
Open Task Manager and locate any processes associated with .aesir.
- Press CTRL + SHIFT + ESC keys simultaneously –> Processes Tab –> Select a suspicious process (use Google or ask us in the comments if you are not sure about a process) –> Right Click and Open File Location –> End the suspicious process in Task Manager –> Delete the Folders containing the suspicious files.
Open the Registry Editor and search for .aesir.
- Win 7 Users: Click Start and type regedit –> Enter –> Press CTRL + F buttons –> Type Cryp1 Virus in the search field.
- Win 8/10 users: Start Button –> Choose Run –> type regedit –> Enter Press CTRL + F buttons –> Type .aesir in the search field.
Try to recover your files. First you will need System Restore.
- Win 7 Users: Start button –> Type Windows System Restore –> Enter –> Open System Restore –> Select a Restore Point and revert to it.
- Win 8 Users: Hold down the Windows key + Q –> Type Recovery –> Settings –> Choose the Recovery icon –> Open System Restore –> Select a Restore Point.
- Win 10 Users: Start Menu –> Power Options Menu –> Hold down the SHIFT button while clicking on Restart –> Troubleshoot –> Advanced Options –> System Restore –> Select a Restore Point and apply it.
Secondly use program that can access your Shadow Copies.
- Use Google to find the official website of such a program and download it.
- Use the program to select the file types and the hard drive locations you want the program to scan for.
- Start the scan and keep in mind that it might take a while.
- Once the scan has been completed just select the files you want to be recovered.
If you have questions or suggestions feel free to use our comments section!